1. Appalachian Evergreens
Charles C. Wilcox | 574 R C Cook Road, Blowing Rock | 828-264-1609 | 828-265-6143
From Boone: Take Hwy. 321 towards Blowing Rock.
From Tweetsie Railroad, go 1.2 miles and turn left onto Aho Road. Follow Aho Road .6 miles, and turn right onto Hodges & Miller Road. Follow signs to farm. From Blowing Rock: Take Hwy. 321 towards Boone. From Shoppes on the Parkway Outlet Shops, go 1.6 miles. Turn right onto Aho Road. Take Aho Road .6 miles, and turn right onto Hodges & Miller Road. Follow signs to farm. From Wilkesboro on Hwy. 421: Travel toward Boone on Hwy. 421 North. At the top of the mountain, turn left onto the Blue Ridge Parkway ramp. Using entrance ramp, proceed .1 mile to the Parkway. Turn right onto the Parkway and proceed 11.2 miles. Turn right onto Aho Road and proceed 1.6 miles. Turn left onto Hodges & Miller Road. Follow signs to farm. (During inclement weather, the Parkway may be closed. If Parkway is closed, follow Hwy. 421 to Boone and follow directions above from Boone.)
- Fraser Fir trees (4-9‘). Fraser Fir & White Pine wreaths and garland.
- November 17-18 and 23-25; December 1-2 and 8-9. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Hot chocolate and apple cider. Mail order available.
2. Austin Choose & Cut
Bill Austin | 166 Russ Cornett Road, Boone | 828-264-7296
Turn off Hwy. 321 at Bojangles onto Winklers Creek Rd. Follow Winklers Creek Rd. 1.8 miles. Turn right on Russ Cornett Rd. First house on right. Look for signs
- Fraser Fir and Canaan Fir trees (4-12'). White Pine trees (4-7’) Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths.
- November 17 to December 15. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday. 12-5 p.m. on Sunday. Free Tree Baling
3. Bear Wallow at Long Ridge Farms
Jim Henson | 406 Long Ridge Farms Rd., Sugar Grove | 828-297-4373
or 828-265-6266 |
From Boone, take Hwy. 105 South to stoplight at Valle Crucis. Turn right onto Broadstone Road. Go past Mast General Store, and take a left on Watauga River Road. Go 1.9 miles and turn left onto Tom Ward Rd., then take a left onto Paul Presnell Road. Bear right and follow signs to office.
- Fraser Fir, White Pine, and limited number of Blue Spruce trees (4-10'). Fraser Fir
wreaths. Fraser Fir and White Pine garland.
- Opening Thanksgiving Day November 28, then Saturdays and Sundaysthrough December 15. Other days by appointment.
- Credit cards accepted; Complimentary hot chocolate; restroom on premises. “Mule” rides (Kawasaki).
- Indoor Nature Center with interesting displays.
4. Big Ridge Tree Farm
Thad & Eddie Taylor | 762 George Eggers Rd., Banner Elk | 828-963-5151
Cell: 828-773-2857 |
From Boone, take Hwy. 105 S. for 7 miles to the Foscoe Community. Turn right onto Clarks Creek Rd. (across from English Antiques). Go 1 mile & turn right onto George Eggers Rd. Go .4 mile to farm. Follow farm signs.
- Fraser Fir trees 6-12'. Fraser Fir wreaths and garland.
- November 22 – December 22. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Country Store, hayrides, farm animals; tree baling and loading.
5. Bluestone Greenery
Kyle and Skylar Hicks | 1230 Howard Edmisten Rd., Sugar Grove | 828-297-5377
Fax: 828-297-5387 |
From Boone, take 105 S to 105 By-Pass. Turn right (at the light). At end of By-Pass, turn left onto 321/421. Go 3.5 miles, and turn left onto 321. Go approximately 2.5 miles, and turn left onto Howard Edmisten Rd. 1 mile to farm.
- Fraser Fir trees (4-10’). Fraser Fir wreaths.
- November 27 - December 1 (Thanksgiving weekend); every weekend after through December 15. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Mail Order.
6. Brown’s Choose & Cut
Gary M. Brown | 2648 NC Hwy. 194 North, Boone | 828-264-2800
From Hwy. 421, take Hwy. 194 North at New Market Center in Boone. 2.8
miles on the right. Look for sign.
- Fraser Fir trees (5-11’) and wreaths. Fraser Fir, White Pine, and Mixed garland.
- Nov. 1 to Dec. 24. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Seven days a week.
- Horse and sled ride (weather permitting) and free baling.
7. C & J Christmas Trees
Cecilia & Jeff Brown | Hwy. 194 N., Boone | 828-264-6694 |
From intersection of Hwy. 421 and 194 at New Market Center, take 194 N. 1.3 miles. Turn right at sign and follow road to top of mountain.
Directions to location #2: On Hwy. 421 at New River Bridge, turn right going north and left going south at C & J sign. Follow road .2 of a mile, and turn right onto Brookshire Road. At C & J sign,follow road 2.5 miles and turn left at sign. Follow road to top of hill.
- Fraser Fir trees (all sizes up to 11'). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths. White Pine garland.
- November 23-24 and 28 - December 1; December 7-8 and 14-15. 9 a.m. to 5p.m. Other days by appointment.
8. Circle C Tree Farms
Dennis Cook & Jim Henson | 372 Will Cook Road, Boone | 828-773-4026 828-265-7504|
From Boone: Take Hwy. 421 South to stoplight at Bamboo Road and turn right. Go one mile and turn left onto Will Cook Road. Go to end of road. From Blowing Rock: Take Hwy. 321 toward Boone, and turn right at stoplight onto Deerfield Road. Go one mile and turn left onto Wilson Ridge Road; go one mile to end. Go across Bamboo Road, and bear right onto Will Cook Road. Go to end of road.
- Fraser Fir trees (4-12') and wreaths. Fraser Fir and White Pine garland.
- November 23 & 24 then daily, Nov. 28 – Dec. 22. Other dates by appointment. Monday – Thursday, noon-5:30 p.m. Friday – Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m..
- Credit cards accepted; hayrides on weekends (weather permitting), farm animals, free hot chocolate, restrooms on premises and mail order wreaths
9. Clawson’s Choose & Cut
Doug & Kathy Clawson | 4944 Highway 194 North, Boone | 828-264-3162
From Highway 421 in Boone at New Market Center, turn left on Highway 194 North. Follow this highway 4.6 miles to the farm, which is on the left next to Meat Camp Baptist Church.
- Fraser Fir trees (5-11’), wreaths, and garland.
- Open Nov. 1 until Dec. 25. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Hayrides, handicapped accessible restroom. Display of equipment used to grow trees. Display of antique farm machinery, household items.
10. Cool Springs Nursery, Inc.
Paul Smith | 224 Brownwood Road, Deep Gap | 828-832-1036 or 828-387-6139 |
Coming from Winston-Salem or Charlotte (I-77): Head to the mountains on Hwy. 421 N towards Boone. Shortly after you pass under the Blue Ridge Parkway, you will come to a traffi c light. From there, continue one mile to Brownwood Road. Turn right onto Brownwood, and you will see the Cool Springs Nursery parking area on the right. Coming from Boone: (10 minutes or 5 miles) Take Hwy. 421 S toward Winston-Salem. From the last light going out of Boone (Food Lion is on your left at this intersection), go 4.1 miles. Turn left on Brownwood Road. You can see the lot from Hwy. 421. Proceed to the parking area on the right and check in.
- Fraser Fir trees (2-16'). Fraser Fir & White Pine wreaths and garland.
- Fraser Fir trees (2-16'). Fraser Fir & White Pine wreaths and garland.
- November 23-24 and 29 - December 1; December 7-8, 14-15 and 21-22. Open weekends 10:30 a.m. til dark.
11. Cornett Deal Christmas Tree Farm
Diane Cornett Deal | 142 Tannenbaum Lane, Vilas | 828-964-6322
From Boone, take Highway 421 North to Hwy. 321 N. Take 321 N for 7 miles to Bethel Road. Turn right on Bethel Rd., and go 4 miles to Mountain Dale Rd. Turn left on Mountain Dale Rd. and go 2.5 miles. Tree farm is on the left on Tannenbaum Lane.
- Fraser fir trees (tabletop - 12') & wreaths. Fraser Fir & White Pine garland.
- Open November 23 - December 15, Weekends and Friday after Thanksgiving. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Hayrides, craft shop, refreshments, restrooms, mechanical tree shaker, drill machine & tree stands. Tree baling. Credit cards accepted (Visa/Mastercard). Great photo opportunities – bring cameras!! Mail order wreaths
12. Cross Ridge Farm
Jay E. Adams | 955 Sherwood Road, Vilas | 828-297-2255 or 828-719-9965 | email@example.com
Take Hwy. 421 North toward Mountain City, TN. Upon arriving at Skate World (where Hwy. 321 splits to the left), remain on Hwy. 421 for 1 1/4 mile to Sherwood Rd. on the left. Turn left on Sherwood then left onto Cross Ridge Farm Road. Look for signs.
- Fraser Fir Trees (4-20’) and garland. Fraser Fir and White Pine Wreaths. Kissing balls and other products.
- November 23 - 24 and Nov. 28 - December 1; December 7-8 and 14 -15. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Hot drinks. Mail order available. Dogs welcome on leash.
13. Dark Mountain Tree Farm
14. Dotson's Choose and Cut
Jerry and Tommy Dotson | 1885 Poplar Grove Road S., Boone | 828-964-0504, 828-963-6223 or 828-963-4464 |
From Hwy. 105, take Poplar Grove Road South; go 1.7 miles.
Farm will be on the left.
- Fraser Fir trees (3-11’) and wreaths.
- November 22 – December 16. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
15. Ewing’s Fraser Fir Farm
Ewing Harmon | 172 Navidad Lane, Vilas | 828-297-1176 | 828-297-2856 |
From Boone, take Hwy. 421 North six miles and turn right on Vanderpool Rd. Go 100 yards and veer left. Go 100 yards and turn left onto Will Perry Rd. The farm is the fi rst drive on the right.
- Fraser Fir and White Pine trees (tabletop to 12') and garland. Fraser Fir wreaths.
- Nov. 10-Dec. 25. Seven days a week. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Christmas shop, restrooms, over 10,000 trees to choose from.
16. Garry Henson Farms
Garry Henson | 1353 Poplar Grove Road, Boone | 828-264-0809 or 828-268-1263 |
From Boone, take Hwy. 105 South approximately two miles to Poplar Grove Road. Turn left at the Tomato Shack. Farm is on the left on Poplar Grove Road behind old service station.
- Fraser Fir trees (5-13'). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
- Weekends November 23 – December 22. Weekdays by appointment.
17. Good Shepherd Trees
Bill Davis | 2100 block of Blackberry Road, Blowing Rock (at corner of Orchard Lane and Blackberry Road) | 704-607-2300 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.goodshepherdtrees.com
From Boone/Blowing Rock: Take Hwy. 321 to Blue Ridge Parkway. Follow the Blue Ridge Parkway North for 3.7 miles. Turn left on Blackberry and go 2 miles. OR Take Hwy. 321 to Aho Road. Follow Aho Road for two miles and turn right on Blackberry. Go two miles. Farm will be on the right. From Charlotte/Hickory/Lenoir: Take Hwy. 321 N. Turn right onto Blackberry Rd. (at St. Mark’s Church and approx. three miles before Blowing Road). Follow Blackberry for approximately 3.5 miles. Farm will be on the right.w
- Fraser Fir trees (5-11’). Fraser Fir and White Pine Wreaths and garland.
- November 29 - December 1; 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. December 7-8 and 14-15; 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Please check website for updates. Will arrange delivery for 10+ trees.
18. Greene Pine Farm
Eddie Greene | 724 Heg Greene Road, Deep Gap | 828-964-0702 or 828-719-9107 |
| www.greenepinefarm.com |
From Hwy. 421/221 intersection in Deep Gap, go .7 miles on Hwy. 221 toward Jefferson. Turn right on Heg Greene Road. Farm will be at the end of the road.
- Fraser Fir (all sizes) and White Pine trees, wreaths and garland.
- Thanksgiving week – December 22. 9 a.m. until dark
- Bon fire, hot chocolate, crafts, food, horse & wagon hayrides on weekends (weather permitting). Credit cards accepted. Pre-cut bargain bin. Mail order wreaths.
19. High Country Nursery
Tony Gray | 524 Harrison Rd. Boone | 828-264-9123 |
From Highway 321: Take Deerfield Rd. 3 miles past Watauga Medical Center to Harrison Rd. Turn right on Harrison Rd. and follow signs 1/2 mile. From Highway 421: Turn on to Bamboo Rd. at South Fork of New River stop light (Exxon Station on corner), and go exactly 2.9 miles and turn right on Deerfield Rd. for .03 miles. Turn left on Harrison Rd. and follow signs 1/2 mile.
- Fraser Fir trees (3-9') and wreaths.
- November 29 - December 1 and December 7-8. Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday, 1-5 p.m.
- Providing quality, sheared Fraser Fir Christmas trees for 28 years. All trees one price ($50) regardless of size. We cut, net bale and prepare all trees for transport. Advance tagging prior to open dates by appointment only (call 828-264-9123) Clean fields and easy access on paved roads.
20. J & D Tree Farms
Jim Bryan | 576 Bryan Hollow Road, Boone | 828-262-1845 (H) 828-773-7925 (cell) |
From Boone at the intersection of Hwy. 194 N. and US 421 at New Market
Center, travel approx. 6 miles on Hwy. 194 N. toward Todd. Turn left on SR 1335 (Meat Camp Road) at MCVFD. Travel Meat Camp Road 1.9 miles, turn left on SR1339 (Bryan Hollow Road). Continue straight on Bryan Hollow Road. When the pavement ends, keep straight. The gravel road leads to the center of the tree farm. Follow the familiar J & D red and green signs. A 4x4 is recommended.
- Fraser Fir trees (4-12') . Fraser Fir and White PIne wreaths and garland.
- Weekends only. Nov. 23-24 and 28 - December 1; Dec. 7-8 and 14-15. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tree shaker, restroom, friendly staff and beautiful long-range views.
21. Longview Farm Choose & Cut
Danny Miller | 6167 Howards Creek Road, Boone | 828-297-4202 or 828-297-6232 |
From New Market Center in Boone, take Hwy. 194 N approximately two miles; turn left onto Howards Creek Road. Go 6.3 miles and turn right onto Jim McNeil Road; follow directional sign to Longview Farm Choose & Cut.
- Fraser Fir trees (6-11’) and wreaths.
- November 23-24 and 29 - December 1; December 7-8 and 14-15. Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday 1-5 p.m. Weekdays by appointment (call 828-297-4202 or 828-297-6232).
- Panoramic view, hayrides and/or snow sledding (weather permitting), Christmas Shop, refreshments and restrooms.
22. Miller Choose and Cut
Joey Miller | 355 Lee South Road, Boone | 828-265-2851 or 828-964-6343
From Boone at the intersection of Hwy. 194 North and US 421 at New Market Center, go 4.5 miles on Hwy. 194. Turn left on SR 1335 (Meat Camp Road) at MCVFD. Go 8/10 mile to Ball Branch Road on the left. Follow signs to Miller’s Choose & Cut.
- Fraser Fir trees (4-13’) and wreaths.
- November 17 – December 23. Seven days per week; any time.
- Trees cut, baled, and loaded. Good selection of large trees.
23. Norris Tree Farm
J.D. Norris | 1811 Meat Camp Road, Boone | 828-262-1619 | 828-773-6621 |
From Boone at the intersection of Hwy. 194 North and US 421 at New Market Center, go 4.5 miles on Hwy. 194. Turn left on SR 1335 (Meat Camp Rd.) at MCVFD. Go 1.7 miles; on left. Follow signs.
- Fraser Fir trees (tabletop to 14'). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
- November 1 – December 24. Seven days per week. Anytime.
- Restrooms, free net bagging or baling, and help tying tree on car. Hayrides. You may pre-tag. Very large trees may not be baled; best to bring truck or trailer.
24. Panoramic Choose & Cut
Joey Clawson | 368 Panoramic Lane, Boone | 828-719-6395 or 828-262-3836
From Boone at the intersection of Hwy. 421 and Hwy. 194 N at New Market Center, take 194 N 5 miles. Turn right on Big Hill Road. Go ½ mile and turn right on Panoramic Lane. We are 200 yards on the right.
- Fraser Fir trees (tabletop to 13’), wreaths and garland
- November 23-24 and 29 - December 1; December 7 - 8 and 14-15. 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Hayrides, newborn calves to feed and pet, horses to feed and pet, and free horse rides for children (weather permitting) and numerous other farm animals to feed.
25. RRR Tree Farm, Laurel Knob
Wayne Phillips | 6715 Hwy. 194 N., Todd | 336-877-1845 or 828-963-3477 or 828-264-6488 |
From Boone, take Hwy. 194 toward Todd 11 miles. Pass Todd Fire Department and 4-way intersection. Continue mile; farm will be on right.
- Fraser Fir trees (tabletop to 12'). Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
- November 23-24 and 29 - December 1; December 7- 8 and 14. 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Hayrides, various farm animal displays/petting, crafts, Christmas Shop, food, and free hot apple cider.
26. RRR Tree Farm, Todd
Reid Howell | 2330 River Road, Todd | 336-207-4455 | email@example.com |
A printable map is available on the website; participating motels provide maps. RRR Tree Farm road signs direct you to both farms. GPS Coordinates: N36 17.221 W81 36.685
- Fraser Fir trees (4-14'); Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
- November 29 - December 1; December 6 - 8 and 14 - 15; 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Please arrive at the farm by 2 p.m.
- Free hot coffee and apple cider, hayrides and Christmas Shop.
27. Swinging Bridge Farm
Chuck & Eleanor Lieberman | 711 Old Glade Road, Deep Gap | 828-964-2030 | 828-264-5738 |
From Boone: Take Hwy. 421 S. Drive 8-10 miles. Turn left on Brownwood Rd. Go one mile. Follow bridge signs.
From Wilkes: Take Hwy. 421 under Blue Ridge Parkway. Go another 2 miles on 421 to Brownwood Rd. Go one mile. Follow bridge signs.
- Fraser Fir trees (2-10'), wreaths and garlands. Live trees in containers and Christmas mini orange trees.
- Open November 12 – December 24, seven days per week. 10 a.m. to dusk.
- 48’ swinging bridge, Renaissance Orangery with solar voltaic and hydro power features. Trout pond for fish feeding or fishing. Free greenery. Hablamos Espanol.
28. Tom Lawrence Farm
Tom Lawrence | 6720 U.S. Hwy. 421 N., Vilas | 828-297-4755 or 828-964-1191 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Tom Lawrence Christmas Tree Farm on Facebook.
From Boone: Follow Hwy. 421 toward Tennessee approximately 4.5 miles west of Boone to Hwy. 421/321 intersection. Stay straight on 421, and take first driveway to the right. Look for “trees for sale” sign.
- Fraser Fir trees (all sizes), wreaths and garland.
- November 22 - December 16. Open at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
29. Turtle Creek Choose & Cut
Mitchell Gragg | 453 Turtle Creek Drive, Boone | 828-964-3474 or 828-963-3500 | email@example.com | www.turtlecreekchooseandcut.com
From Hwy. 321, turn onto Deerfield Road. Go three miles and turn right into Turtle Creek Development. From Hwy. 421, turn onto Bamboo Road. Go three miles and turn right onto Deerfield Road. Will be 1/2 mile on the left.
- Fraser Fir trees (6 - 10’). White Pine wreaths.
- November 22 - December 22. Mondays 4-6 p.m. Saturday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sundays 12-6 p.m.
- We have a flat tree farm where anyone can walk and kids can play!
30. Walker Farm
Charles Walker |511 Hodges Gap Road, Boone |828-264-0931 or 828-264-4883
From Boone: Travel north on Hwy. 421 .25 mile. Turn left on Oak Grove Road then left on Hodges Gap Road. From Hwy. 105 South in Boone: Turn right on Hwy. 105 Bypass then right on Hodges Gap Road.
- Fraser Fir trees (4-10’) and wreaths.
- Open Thanksgiving until December 24.
31. What Fir Tree Farm
Nathaniel Maram | 330 Wolf Ridge Trail, Boone | 828-297-4646 or 828-297-3559 (fax) | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.whatfirtreefarm.com
From Boone, NC: From the New Market Shopping Center at Hwy. 421/221 and Hwy. 194, turn north on 194 and go 1.6 miles to Howard's Creek Rd. Turn left and go 5 miles to Curley Maple Rd. Turn left again. Go 1.2 miles to the stop sign and turn right. Go about 100 yards and turn left on Wolf Ridge Trail. Follow the signs to the trees.
From the TN area: Follow Hwy. 321 from Elizabethton to 421 N and turn left. Go approximately 2 miles to Tater Hill Rd. (at the Citgo (+/- 8 miles north of Boone and +/- 10 miles south of Trade, TN) and turn right. Go two miles to Junaluska Rd. and turn right. Go approximately 1 mile to Wolf Ridge Trail and turn right. You will see our sign. If you are coming from theMountain City area, follow Hwy 421 S to Tater Hill Rd. and turn left. Note: Tater Hill is steep and may be icy in snowy weather
- Fraser Fir trees (4-14'+) Fraser Fir and White Pine wreaths and garland.
- November 15 – December 15. 10 a.m. –
4:30 p.m. on weekends (Friday – Sunday). Weekdays by appointment.
- Hayrides, sledding (if there’s snow), hiking trails, a gift shop with locally-made crafts, hot apple cider and cookies, custom made wreaths and decorations, and Santa Claus! We are a “no spray” farm – no pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers.
Please visit these supporting businesses during your High Country visit: